EQUIPMENT SALE!10% OFF EQUIPMENT! Enter Promo Code 99978 at Checkout
A D.E. POOL FILTER IS ALMOST TWICE AS EFFICIENT AS A SAND FILTER!
The Hayward EC40 Filter System provides the deepest, most comprehensive clean, removing microscopic dust and pollen. The result is crystal clear, sparkling water at an economical price, combined with reliable energy savings over many years. Hayward has set the standard in swimming pool filtration by incorporating the patented Flex-Tube™ design in combination with D.E. filter powder – the most efficient dirt remover known for pool filtration. When matched with our Power-Flo Matrix™ pump you can ensure a system that maximizes its filtration ability, offering you a quality system and powerful design.
• Easy access clamp assembly.
• Cleans pools fast -- removes even the smallest particles the first time through.
• Uses D.E. (diatomaceous earth) filter powder -- the most efficient dirt remover known for swimming pool filtration.
• Patented Flex-Tube™ system efficiently reuses D.E. powder and dirt mixture to form fresh cleaning surfaces.
• Exclusive bump handle activates the Flex-Tubes, causing them to instantly purge themselves of dirt and powder.
• Uniquely designed to expel any air that may be present in the system through the filtered water returning to the pool.
• Combination diffuser and lower mixing chamber specifically designed to produce a uniformed coating of D.E. on the Flex-Tubes
• On/Off Switch • The above-ground industry's largest strainer basket for large debris collection with minimal maintenance.
• Horizontal/vertical discharge feature -- simply converts from vertical to horizontal discharge orientation with the press of a button.
• Quick disconnect intake and discharge pipe connection.
• C-Clip Connector allows for easy disengagement of strainer housing in a matter of seconds for hassle-free maintenance.
• Heavy-duty, high performance motor with integrated automatic thermal overload protector for years of operation.
• High quality Noryl® impeller with wide openings to prevent clogging by leaves and debris.
• Durable, corrosion-proof housing for years of dependable service and all-weather performance.
• Heat-resistant, double-sized seal for long-lasting efficiency.
• Energy-efficient, protected rear mounted switch.
• Integral drain plug for easy winterization of pump.
– Overcharge of DE.
– Bump – Drain – Recharge
– Restriction in return line caused by small eyeball fitting.
– Change to larger size fitting.
– Partially closed valve on return line.
– Open valve.
– Pump strainer basket clogged.
– Skimmer basket clogged.
– Pump impeller vanes clogged.
– Cleaning with a stiff wire brush through the pump strainer opening will usually work. Alternate method would be to disassemble and clean.
– Air leak on suction side of pump.
– Check cover gasket, hand knobs, hose, clamps, etc. Replace or tighten as necessary.
– Electric motor running less than maximum R.P.M. (underspeed).
– Consult pump and motor troubleshooting guide. Note: Most motor problems are due to: 1. Undersized or improper wiring. 2. Power cut-backs. 3. Combination of both 1 and 2.
– Bump – Drain – Recharge
– Bumping Incorrectly
– Slow down stroke – brisk up stroke. Repeat 6 times.
– Bump handle bent.
– Check and straighten or replace.
– Pump output exceeds design flow rate of filter.
– Check GPM/LPM output. Regulate pump GPM/LPM output to max filter GPM/LPM rating.
– Presence of algae.
– Super-chlorinate; Bump-Drain-Recharge as needed.
– Clean tube nest (2 methods).
1. Detergent Cleaning: Remove tube nest and hose down with forceful stream of clean water. Soak tube nest in strong solution of laundry detergent (such as Cheer) and warm water. Hose down again.
2. Chemical Cleaning. This requires use of water and muriatic acid solution (or filter cleaner-type preparations) to chemically dissolve contaminates. Consult your pool dealer for chemical cleaning instructions.
– Replace Flex-Tubes
– Rip or hole in diaphragm gasket.
– Replace gasket.
– Worn or loose fitting diaphragm gasket (chemicals fed through suction lines may shorten life of the part.)
– Replace the gasket.
– Loose bolts on tube nest plates.
– Tighten Bolts.
– Bump-Drain-Recharge more often and reduce the use of oils.
– Overloaded with DE. Sometimes happens when last charge of dirty DE was not properly drained.
– Bump- Drain – Recharge more often.
– Filter runs too long between bumping.
– Bump more frequently.
– Clean and/or replace.
– Bump – Drain – Recharge more often.
– Presence of live, vigorously growing algae.
– Add enough chlorine to control this growth – then vacuum.
– Presence of alum or flocking agents, which will clog filter.
– Vacuum so as to bypass filter. Avoid using flocking agents.
– Manually check rotation of motor shaft for free movement and lack of obstruction.
– Low voltage at motor (frequently caused by undersized wiring).
– Binding and overload. (Amperage reading)
– Open capacitor.
– Make sure all suction and discharge valves are open and unobstructed, and that pool water level is above all suction openings.
– Block off suction as close to pump as possible and determine if pump will develop a vacuum.
– If pump does not develop a vacuum and pump has sufficient “priming water”.
– Tighten all bolts and fittings on suction side.
– Check voltage to make sure pump is up to speed.
– Open pump and check for clogging or obstruction.
– Remove and replace shaft seal.
– If pump develops a vacuum, check for blocked suction line or strainer, or air leak in suction piping.
– Plugged or restricted discharge line of filter (high discharge gauge reading).
– Air leak in suction (bubbles issuing from return fittings).
– Pump operation underspeed (low voltage).
– Plugged or restricted impeller.
– Cavitation due to restricted or undersized suction line and unrestricted discharge lines.
– Correct suction condition or throttle discharge lines, if practical.
– Vibration due to improper mounting, etc.
– Foreign matter in pump housing.
– Motor bearings made unserviceable by wear, rust, or continual overheating.
|E2210||1 1/2||1 1/2"|
|FILTER TYPE:||Perflex Extended-Cycle Diatomite|
|FILTER TANK:||Injection-Molded Duralon|
|FILTER ELEMENTS:||Dacron Flex-Tubes|
|PUMP AND MOTOR:||Power-Flo Series Pump - 115 volts|
|MOUNTING BASE:||Injection-Molded ABS|
|Item Number||Effective Filtration Area||Design Flow Rate||Turnover (In Gallons)|
|8 Hours||12 Hours|
|E3010, E3000||20 ft.2||40 GPM||19,200||28,800|