Free 1-Day Delivery Available!
Order before 4pm CT to receive free 1-Day Delivery
Fast Acting & Quick Dissolving
Swimming pool shock treatments are an essential aspect of spring pool opening but can also be used to give your pool a quick chlorine boost. Pool shock chemicals provide a quick fix for improving chlorine levels in your pool but can also make your pool unsuitable for swimming. Generally speaking, after adding pool chlorine shock to your swimming pool, it is best not to swim for several hours.
- Powerful chlorinated shock treatment is great for Spring start-up!
- Ideal for a quick chlorine boost when fast-action is needed!
- Only add directly to your pool or spa.
- 68% Calcium Hypochlorite.
- Initial Dosage: 1 lb. per 10,000 gallons
Chorine is added to our pools to kill bacteria and other organic contaminants. Because chlorine becomes ineffective once it binds to bacteria, it is important that chlorine levels are always monitored. When these levels get very low, we turn to the pool shock. Shocking involves adding lots of chlorine to a pool quickly to kill or prevent the build up of contaminants. When adding a pool shock chemical to your pool there are some important tips to remember. First of all, do not mix this product with a small amount of water. Only add directly to your pool or spa. Also, add the pool shock at the end of the day, when everybody is finished swimming, and let the swimming pool shock go to work overnight with the filter running. Finally, always test the level of chlorine in your pool after you add the pool shock and before you go swimming again to make sure the levels are safe.Swimming pool chemicals are obviously an important aspect of maintaining water clarity. Swimming in crystal clear blue water is ideal and as such we utilize chemicals to enhance the quality of our water. Chorine is added to our pools to kill bacteria and other organic contaminants but during this process, chlorine levels lower. Because chlorine becomes ineffective once it binds to bacteria, it is important that we always monitor chlorine levels. When these levels get very low, we turn to the pool shock. Essentially, pool shocking involves adding lots of chlorine to a pool quickly to kill or prevent the build up of contaminants.
BurnOut® is a registered trademark of BioLab, Inc. In The Swim® is not affiliated with BioLab, Inc. and does not carry their products. The use of BurnOut® is for comparison purposes only.
Technical Specifications:Completely soluble granular chlorine produces fast acting chlorination. 68% Available calcium hypochlorite. Will not cause over stabilization If using as a weekly shock you will use 1 Lb per 10,000 gallons. Only add directly to your pool or spa.
What is In The Swim pool shock comparable to?
- In The Swim pool shock is calcium hypochlorite. The In The Swim pool shock is comparable to Sock It, Burn Out, Sun Burn, Super Chlorinator, and Power Powder.
What is the chemical make up of In The Swim pool shock?
- In The Swim pool shock is 68% available calcium hypochlorite.
How much Pool shock do I use a week?
- Using pool shock as a weekly maintenance shock you will use 1 Lb. per 10,000 gallons.
- Using pool shock as an algae killer you will use around 2 Lbs per 10,000 gallons until algae dies and algae is vacuumed out of the pool.
How do I dispense my pool shock?
- do not mix this product with a small amount of water. Only add directly to your pool or spa.
How does the shock come packaged?
- It is packaged in 1-pound bags.