Hayward Star Clear Plus Cartridge Pool Filter (in ground pools)
LARGE TURNOVER RATES FROM A SMALL PACKAGE!
- Convenient reusable polyester pool filter cartridge provides up to 175 sq. ft. of heavy duty dirt-holding capacity for extra-long filtration cycles.
- Simply remove the filter cartridge and rinse with a garden hose when it becomes dirty.
- Durable filter tank is constructed of Perma-Glas XL, a glass reinforced copolymer, for the ultimate in strength, durability and long life.
- Includes pressure indicator gauge, manual air relief valve and convenient single lock knob to secure the filter tank.
- Filter systems come complete with Hayward Super Pump (pump to filter fittings not included). H_I_F
Residential Performance Data
- Filter tank made from extra durable glass reinforced co-polymer material.
- Single piece injection-molded base and body.
- Single locking knob securely fastens head to filter tank, eliminating bolts or clamps
- Durable filter head may be rotated to conveniently position pressure gauge and manual air relief.
- Extra-large cartridge element with new precision engineered extruded core provides extra strength and maximum flow.
- Elevated, filtered water collector and debris sump prevents accidental by-pass of heavy debris to pool when cartridge is removed for cleaning
- 1-1/2 or 2 inch FIP or 2 inch SKT connections for plumbing versatility
- 1/2 inch FIP filter drain for fast draining. Also accepts standard spigot valve.
|Effective Filtration Area ||Design Flow Rate* ||Turnover (In Gallons) |
|8 Hr. ||10 Hr. |
|E3022, E3123 ||75 ft.2 ||75 GPM ||36,000 ||45,000 |
|E3025, E3125 ||90 ft.2 ||90 GPM || 43,200 ||54,000 |
|E3030, E3130 ||120 ft.2 ||120 GPM ||57,600 ||72,000 |
|E3040, E3133 ||175 ft.2 ||175 GPM ||57,600 ||72,000 |
*Residential Design Flow Rate based on 1 GPM per ft.2
Why will my cartridge filter not clear algae from my pool?
Why is the dirt only on the bottom of my filter element?
- When a cartridge filter is clean it is possible for algae to pass through the filter element. Cartridge filters filter smaller particles as the filter becomes dirty. The dirt or debris on the element’s surface helps to catch smaller particles. It may be necessary to add certain chemicals to the pool so smaller particles can be picked up by the filter element. Consult your Hayward dealer for the proper chemicals to accomplish this task.
How do I clean my cartridges?
- The most likely cause is excessive water flow through the filter. The water may be moving so fast, that it goes in and comes out without flowing through the entire filter housing. Reducing the size of the pump usually corrects the problem.
- The cartridges should be cleaned once a season with a degreaser or acid bath.
- Body oils are the first thing to clog a cartridge element. A degreasing solution should be used to remove oils. If an acid bath is used to remove oils, it will embed these oils into the fabric and make the element less effective. You local Hayward dealer should have a cartridge cleaner or you can use a mixture of laundry detergent and water. 1-cup detergent to 5 gallons of water. Dissolve the detergent in a bucket of water and soak the element(s) for 24 hours. YOU MUST THOROUGHLY RINSE THE ELEMENTS PRIOR TO REINSTALLING THEM INTO THE FILTER. IF YOU DON’T THE POOL WILL FILL WITH SOAP BUBBLES.
- An acid bath is for mineral deposits on the elements. If an acid bath is needed, do a degreasing wash first, then the acid treatment. Start off with a mixture of 1 part acid to 5 parts water in a bucket. ALWAYS add acid to water, never water to acid. If the mixture does not clean the elements effectively, increase the mixture to 2 parts acid to 5 parts water. Follow the proper disposal of the acid mixture, as per the acid manufacturer’s instructions.