Hayward Star Clear Plus Cartridge In Ground Pool Filter
Hayward Star Clear Plus Cartridge In Ground Pool Filter is rated
Hayward In Ground Cartridge Filter Delivers Big Performance in Small Package
The Hayward Star in-ground cartridge pool filter adds convenience to your pool maintenance schedule along with reliable use year after year. The reusable polyester filter provides up to 175 sq. ft. of heavy-duty dirt holding capacity for extra-long filtration cycles. When soiled, the filter comes out easily and can be cleaned with a garden hose. The filter tank is constructed of Perma-Glas XL, a reinforced copolymer that gives you the ultimate in strength, durability and longevity.
- Hayward in-ground cartridge filter is convenient, powerful and easy to set up and use
- Includes pressure gauge, manual air relief valve, convenient single lock knob to secure filter tank
- Polyester filter comes out easily; can be rinsed clean with garden hose
- Filter systems (E3123 and E3125) come complete with Hayward Super Pump (pump to filter fitting not included)
Rated 5 out of
Hayward Cartridge filter
I'm very pleased with the move from DE to the cartridge filter. The only complaint to-date, after 4-months, is I have to clean more frequently. About every 10 - 14 days. Yet cleaning is much simpler and about a 30 minute effort. The DE cleaning was always 1+ hours and much more difficult. I haven't seen any difference in filtering quality ... as it impacts my pool. If I would change one thing, it would be to purchase a larger filter surface area. My solution will be to get a spare cartridge filter .... further reducing change time and cleaning at a more convenient time. ....
Date published: 2007-11-18
Rated 5 out of
Love this filter
Once again i love this hayward filter.. its so darn simple to maintain. i agree with the person above and i recommend to all my customers to always buy an extra cartridge. this way when the one is dirty u pull it out, put in the clean one, and then clean the dirty one when u have 10mins..also, when its time to replace one of them DONT THROW IT AWAY! keep it and when u open your pool in the spring put the "older" cartridge in until u get the pools cleaned up.. then throw in the new cartridge.... keeps your new one... newer :)
atleast once a season i take all of my customers filters and soak them overnight in "natural chemistrys" filter cleaner... pulls out all the grease, sun block, tanning oil and grime that a normal spray down with the garden hose cant get.
Date published: 2009-03-09
Rated 5 out of
Should have purchased this sooner
I can't believe how simple it is to install and clean this filter, and it has kept my pool free of DE deposits which has been a headache for me all these years.
Date published: 2009-07-11
Rated 5 out of
Haywood Cartridge Pool Filter
This product is great. Installation was easy. I measured water flow on the return and it is three times what I was getting with a sand filter.
Date published: 2014-07-23
Residential Performance Data
- Filter tank made from extra durable glass reinforced co-polymer material.
- Single piece injection-molded base and body.
- Single locking knob securely fastens head to filter tank, eliminating bolts or clamps
- Durable filter head may be rotated to conveniently position pressure gauge and manual air relief.
- Extra-large cartridge element with new precision engineered extruded core provides extra strength and maximum flow.
- Elevated, filtered water collector and debris sump prevents accidental by-pass of heavy debris to pool when cartridge is removed for cleaning
- 1-1/2 or 2 inch FIP or 2 inch SKT connections for plumbing versatility
- 1/2 inch FIP filter drain for fast draining. Also accepts standard spigot valve.
|Effective Filtration Area ||Design Flow Rate* ||Turnover (In Gallons) |
|8 Hr. ||10 Hr. |
|E3022, E3123 ||75 ft.2 ||75 GPM ||36,000 ||45,000 |
|E3025, E3125 ||90 ft.2 ||90 GPM || 43,200 ||54,000 |
|E3030, E3130 ||120 ft.2 ||120 GPM ||57,600 ||72,000 |
|E3040, E3133 ||175 ft.2 ||175 GPM ||57,600 ||72,000 |
*Residential Design Flow Rate based on 1 GPM per ft.2
Why will my cartridge filter not clear algae from my pool?
Why is the dirt only on the bottom of my filter element?
- When a cartridge filter is clean it is possible for algae to pass through the filter element. Cartridge filters filter smaller particles as the filter becomes dirty. The dirt or debris on the element’s surface helps to catch smaller particles. It may be necessary to add certain chemicals to the pool so smaller particles can be picked up by the filter element. Consult your Hayward dealer for the proper chemicals to accomplish this task.
How do I clean my cartridges?
- The most likely cause is excessive water flow through the filter. The water may be moving so fast, that it goes in and comes out without flowing through the entire filter housing. Reducing the size of the pump usually corrects the problem.
- The cartridges should be cleaned once a season with a degreaser or acid bath.
- Body oils are the first thing to clog a cartridge element. A degreasing solution should be used to remove oils. If an acid bath is used to remove oils, it will embed these oils into the fabric and make the element less effective. You local Hayward dealer should have a cartridge cleaner or you can use a mixture of laundry detergent and water. 1-cup detergent to 5 gallons of water. Dissolve the detergent in a bucket of water and soak the element(s) for 24 hours. YOU MUST THOROUGHLY RINSE THE ELEMENTS PRIOR TO REINSTALLING THEM INTO THE FILTER. IF YOU DON’T THE POOL WILL FILL WITH SOAP BUBBLES.
- An acid bath is for mineral deposits on the elements. If an acid bath is needed, do a degreasing wash first, then the acid treatment. Start off with a mixture of 1 part acid to 5 parts water in a bucket. ALWAYS add acid to water, never water to acid. If the mixture does not clean the elements effectively, increase the mixture to 2 parts acid to 5 parts water. Follow the proper disposal of the acid mixture, as per the acid manufacturer’s instructions.