Take a swim in clear, clean water every time you jump into your above ground pool with the Hayward Pro Series Sand Filter System. This unique above ground pool filter system combines innovation and power to ensure your pool water is in impeccable condition all the time. These systems are quick to assemble and engineered to provide the maximum amount of flow with the minimal amount of energy usage, reducing your operational costs while offering the best possible results.
Hayward is the number one name in the pool industry, and the Pro Series Sand Filter System for Above Ground Pools is no exception. You’ll notice superior water quality, extended filter cleaning cycles and no required backwashing. It’s simple to operate this fantastic filter system, it’s a great economic value and it’s crafted from ultra-strong, durable and reinforced thermos-plastic.read more
• Durable, corrosion-proof filter tank molded of color-fast material for long-lasting, all-weather performance.
• 7-position PermaGlass XL™ Vari-Flo valve provides maximum flow at lower pressure drop.
• Flange clamp design allows 360 degree rotation for easy installation.
• Integral top diffuser ensures even distribution of water over the entire sand bed for maximum use of the filtration area.
• Precision engineered umbrella-fold self cleaning laterals for balanced flow and backwashing, plus easy serviceability.
• Large pressure sand/water drain for rapid winterizing .
• The above-ground industry's largest strainer basket for large debris collection with minimal maintenance.
• Horizontal/vertical discharge feature -- simply converts from vertical to horizontal discharge orientation with the press of a button.
• Quick disconnect intake and discharge pipe connection.
• C-Clip Connector allows for easy disengagement of strainer housing in a matter of seconds for hassle-free maintenance.
• Heavy-duty, high performance motor with integrated automatic thermal overload protector for years of operation.
• High quality Noryl® impeller with wide openings to prevent clogging by leaves and debris.
• Durable, corrosion-proof housing for years of dependable service and all-weather performance.
• Heat-resistant, double-sized seal for long-lasting efficiency .
• Energy-efficient, protected rear mounted switch.
• Integral drain plug for easy winterization of pump.
– Check for restrictions in intake and discharge lines.
– Check for air leak in intake line (indicated by bubbles returning to pool).
– Backwash filter.
– Be sure chlorine and pH levels are in proper range (adjust as required).
– Check surface of filter sand for crusting or caking (remove 1" of sand if necessary).
– Be sure flow rate through filter is sufficient.
– Operate filter for longer periods.
– Be sure multiport valve is set on "Filter" position.
– Be sure there isn't too much sand in the filter itself.
– Manually check rotation of motor shaft for free movement and lack of obstruction.
– If you have a timer, be certain it is working properly. Bypass it if necessary.
– Low voltage at motor or power drop (frequently caused by undersized wiring or extension cord use).
– Mechanical binding and electrical overloads.
NOTE: Your Hayward pump motor is equipped with an "automatic thermal overload protector." The motor will automatically shut off if power supply drops before heat damage can build up causing windings to burn out. The "thermal overload protector" will allow the motor to automatically restart once the motor has cooled, provided the power source is again up to proper levels. It will continue to cut On/Off until the problem is corrected. Be sure to correct cause of overheating.
– Binding of motor shaft.
– Make sure all suction and discharge valves are fully open and not blocked, that pool water level is at proper level, and that skimmer weir is not hung up or binded on skimmer wall.
– Block off to determine if pump will develop a vacuum. You should have 5"-6" of vacuum at the strainer cover (Only your pool dealer can confirm this with a vacuum gauge). You may be able to check by removing the skimmer basket and holding your hand over the bottom port with skimmer full and pump running. If no suction is felt, check for line blockage
– If pump develops a vacuum, check for blocked suction line or dirty strainer basket, an air leak in the suction piping may be the cause.
– If pump does not develop a vacuum and pump has sufficient "priming water":
1. Re-check strainer housing cover and all threaded connections for suction leaks. Check if all hose clamps are tight.
2. Check voltage to ensure that the motor is rotating at full RPM's.
3. Open housing cover and check for clogging or obstruction in suction. Check impeller for debris.
4. Remove and replace shaft seal only if it is leaking.
|FILTER TYPE:||High-Rate Sand: No. 1/2 Silica Sand (.45mm - .55mm)|
|FILTER TANK:||Molded Polymeric|
|UNDER DRAIN:||360° Self Cleaning Slotted Laterals, Precision Installed in Ball-Joint Assembly|
|CONTROL VALVE:||4 or 6 Position, Top-Mount Vari-Flo With Lever-Action Handle|
|VALVE FASTENING:||Flange Clamp Design|
|PUMP AND MOTOR:||Power-Flo Series Pump - 115 volts|
|MOUNTING BASE:||Injection-Molded ABS|
|Item Number||Effective Filtration Area||Design Flow Rate||Turnover (Gallons)|
|8 Hours||12 Hours|
|E3220, E3225||1.75 ft.2||35 GPM||16,800||25,200|
|E3230, E3235||2.20 ft.2||44 GPM||21,120||31,680|