Now is the time to discover the advantages and amazing technology that makes the Power-Flo Matrix one of Hayward’s top pumps. Superior engineering pairs with single-button operation to create the ideal above ground pool pump. Designed for dependability, durability, longevity and incredible performance, the Hayward PowerFlo will not only outperform the competition but will also outlast it.
Specifically designed for the unique elements of an above ground pool, the Power-Flo Matrix is versatile enough to move between vertical to horizontal discharge with the press of a button, while the ultra-durable motor features innovative features like the integrated automatic thermal overload protector, ensuring years of use from this pump. The construction is corrosion-proof, the extra-large strainer basket holds more so you spend less time on pool maintenance, and the operation is quiet and non-intrusive.read more
– Manually check rotation of motor shaft for free movement and lack of obstruction.
– If you have a timer, be certain it is working properly. Bypass it if necessary.
– Low voltage at motor or power drop (frequently caused by undersized wiring or extension cord use).
NOTE: Your Hayward pump motor is equipped with an “automatic thermal overload protector.” The motor will automatically shut off if power supply drops before heat damage can build up causing windings to burn out. The “thermal overload protector” will allow the motor to automatically restart once the motor has cooled, provided the power source is again up to proper levels. It will continue to cut On/Off until the problem is corrected. Be sure to correct cause of overheating.
– Binding of motor shaft.
– Make sure all suction and discharge valves are fully open and not blocked, that pool water level is at proper level, and that skimmer weir is not hung up or binded on skimmer wall.
– Block off to determine if pump will develop a vacuum. You should have 5”-6” of vacuum at the strainer cover (Only your pool dealer can confirm this with a vacuum gauge). You may be able to check by removing the skimmer basket and holding your hand over the bottom port with skimmer full and pump running. If no suction is felt, check for line blockage.
Re-check strainer housing cover and all threaded connections for suction leaks. Check if all hose clamps are tight.
Check voltage to ensure that the motor is rotating at full RPM’s.
Open housing cover and check for clogging or obstruction in suction. Check impeller for debris.
Remove and replace shaft seal only if it is leaking.
– Plugged or restricted discharge line of filter, valve partially closed (high gauge reading).
How to correct: Sand filters – backwash as per manufacturer’s instructions; D.E. filters – backwash
– Air leak in suction (bubbles issuing from return fittings). Re-tighten using Teflon tape.
– Plugged or restricted impeller or impeller sheared off. Replace including new seal assembly.
– Cavitation due to restricted or undersized suction line or leak at any joint, low water level in pool, and unrestricted discharge return lines. Correct suction condition or throttle return lines, if practical. Holding hand over return fitting will sometimes prove this point or putting in a smaller eyeball fitting.
– Vibration due to improper mounting, etc. Put a rubber pad under metal mounting feet.
– Foreign matter in pump housing. Loose stones/debris hitting impeller could be cause, remove any of the above
– Motor bearings noisy from normal wear, rust, overheating, or concentration of chemicals causing seal damage, which will allow chlorinated water to seep into bearings wiping out the grease causing bearing to whine. All seal leaks should be replaced at once.
– Equipment base vibrating.
The Hayward Power-Flo LX is the newest high performance pump series designed specifically for the rigors of above-ground and on-ground type swimming pools. Featuring a heavy duty motor, Power-Flo LX provides you with dependable performance and quiet operation. An extra-large debris basket keeps pool maintenance to a minimum, letting you enjoy your pool more. And because Power-Flo LX is made of the exclusive high strength PermaGlass XL material, it will provide you with years of total pool owner satisfaction.
When sizing a replacement pump, Dr. Pool strongly suggests that you replace with the same size horsepower as your existing set-up! In most cases, up-grading horsepower shortens your filter’s expected life and voids manufacturer’s warranties.
Item#HPInlet/OutletE22003/41 1/2"E220511 1/2"E22101 1/21 1/2"