|Performance Data |
|Filter Model ||Effective Filtration Area ||Design Flow Rate* ||Turnover (Gals.) ||DE Required |
|8 Hr. ||10 Hr. |
|EC-65 ||26.9 sq. ft. ||67 GPM ||32,640 ||40,800 ||6 lbs. |
|EC-75 ||40 sq. ft. ||80 GPM ||38,400 ||48,000 ||7 lbs. |
filters conserve electricity and perform best with medium head pumps. Hayward®
pumps are application matched to provide optimum filter performance.
- The Perflex® Extended-Cycle DE filter series cleans pools fast - removing particles as small as one micron the first time through. That's because Perflex® incorporates a patented Flex-Tube design that works in combination with DE (diatomaceous earth) filter powder to produce the clearest, most sparkling water possible.
- The exclusive Perflex® Extended Cycle give you long filter cycles between cleaning - up to eight weeks depending on pool size and use. Because the same filter powder is used over and over again, Perflex® is a real work saver. And, it only takes minutes to extend the cycle.
- Perflex® filter stretch your dollars too! Since Perflex® cleans without backwashing, you save hundreds of gallons of treated pool water. Plus, Perflex® saves on electricity because its efficient design offers less resistance to flow and produces more filtered water with less pump horsepower.
- Bump Handle An exclusive Perflex® feature. It activates the mechanism causing the Flex-Tubes to instantly and uniformly clean themselves of dirt and filter powder.
- No Backwash. When conventional filters need backwashing, Perflex® only needs "Bumping". "Bumping" repositions the dirt within the filter so the flow of water is not impeded. This is called Regeneration, because flow and pressure are restored, extending the filter cycle. When the dirt-holding capacity of the perflex® filter is reached, cleaning is simple. Just "Bump" and drain.
- Self Venting. As filtered water is returned to the pool, Perflex® filters automatically expel any air that may be present in the system.
- Flex-Tubes The proven patented filter elements that efficiently reuse the filter powder and dirt mixture forming a fresh filtering surface.
- Combination Pressure Gauge and Threaded Inspection/Service Port. Easy to read and remove when filter needs cleaning.
- Heavy-Duty Filter Tank. Injection-molded of high-strength DuralonTM for dependable, corrosion-free performance.
- Check Valve. This integral valve automatically prevents system backflow whenever the pump is off.
- Mixing Chamber. Engineered to produce a uniform, high velocity mixing of the filter powder and dirt that is removed from the Flex-Tubes by "Bumping".
HERE'S HOW IT WORKS!
filter use diatomaceous earth filter powder (commonly called D.E.), which will remove particles as small as one micron, and is the most efficient dirt remover known. It will even remove microscopic dust and pollen. Unfiltered water enters through the bottom connection in the filter tank, flows upward through the Flex-Tubes, and returns to the pool via the outlet in the filter head. When the filter is initially started, diatomite filter powder is fed into the system, usually through the skimmer. This is precoating. As the water passes through the Flex-Tubes, the filter powder is automatically deposited on the outside of the Flex-Tubes, forming the working "filter surface". Similarly, dirt in the water is stopped on the surface of the filter powder. Eventually, the accumulated dirt caused the filter pressure to rise and flow to diminish. this is when ordinary filter need backwashing - but not Perflex®
. Simply activate the Perflex®
"Bump" handle, and within a minute, flow and pressure are back to normal.
|FILTER TYPE: ||Extended-Cycle Diatomite, EC-65 or EC-75 |
|FILTER TANK: ||Injection-Molded DuralonTM |
|FILTER ELEMENTS: ||Dacron Flex-Tubes (120) |
|FASTENINGS: ||Stainless Steel |
|PERFORMANCE RANGE: ||30-68 GPM (EC-65); 35-80 GPM (EC-75) |
|DIMENSIONS: ||21" W x 31" H (533 mm x 787 mm) |