Hayward EC-50 DE Filter System (above ground pools)
The Hayward EC-50 Filter System
is a state of the art diatomaceous earth system that offers high performance filtration up to 3,000 gallons per hour. As you would expect from such a reputable company, the Hayward EC-50 DE filter system is manufactured from only the most durable materials that are corrosion-proof and designed to withstand continuous operation.
- Efficient filtration of even the smallest particles
- Provides crystal clear water for your above ground pool
- Features the powerful Flex-Tube design combined with DE filter powder H_A_F
- No backwashing
- Easy assembly
- Fast cleaning
- Unique bump handle automatically purges dirt and debris
- Automatically removes air from the system
When it comes to having sparkling swimming water, there are few systems that compare with the Hayward EC50 filter. Not only does it provide the most effective filtration, but it operates consistently and quietly to ensure you'll always have the best possible water.
Hayward is one of the most popular brands in swimming pools and whether you have an in-ground or above ground pool they manufacture top-of-the-line pool equipment. The Hayward EC-50 DE filter is no exception to the rule and any pool owner who puts a premium on quality pool products will love the Hayward above ground pool filter system.
Plus they Hayward EC-50 filter system is resistant to many of the problems other filters face which means you get to spend less time maintaining your pool and more time enjoying it with your friends and family.
Performance DataFilter ModelEffective Filtration AreaDesign Flow Rate*Turnover (Gals.)DE Required8 Hr.10 Hr.EC-5025 sq. ft.50 GPM24,00030,0005 lbs.
- Recommended for pools 28' to 33' round and 18'x36' to 18'x39' oval.
- Exclusive bump handle activates the mechanism causing the Flex-Tubes to instantly and uniformly clean themselves of dirt and filter powder
- Self-venting design automatically expels any air that may be present in the system.
- Proven, patented Flex-Tube filter elements efficiently reuse the filter powder and dirt mixture forming a fresh filtering surface.
- Combination pressure gauge and threaded inspection/service port is easy to read and remove when filter needs cleaning.
- System Includes two 1-1/2in. x 6ft. hoses, hose adapters, hose clamps.
- All filters include SP1022C 1 1/2" drain plug.
- All pumps have 6 ft.power cord.
- Pump-to-filter union connection provides simple installation and winterization.
- Corrosion-proof, ABS modular platform base accepts optional chlorine feeder.
- Hayward Perflex D.E. filters provide the deepest, most comprehensive clean, removing microscopic dust and pollen as small as one micron – 100 times smaller than a grain of salt.
Do I have to backwash this filter?
- No backwashing is required.
Could I use this filter on my in-ground pool?
- This filter can be used on above ground pools , on ground pools and small in ground pools (in ground pump required for use on in ground pools).
What horsepower pump is used for this filter?
- Recommended to use with 1 HP pump.