How do I add the Granular Filter Cleaner to my filter?
- You add 1 lb. of the cleaner to 5 gallons of water in a plastic bucket and soak your cartridge or DE grids in the bucket.
What will this filter cleaner remove?
- The Granular Filter Cleaner will dissolve scale, rust, hair, and oils that are in you filter.
How often should I be using the filter cleaner?
- In The Swim recommends that you use the Granular Filter Cleaner every fall before you close your pool or if you find that your pressure is increasing by 10 psi faster than normal backwashing/bumping/or cartridge cleaning.
How do I know when the filter is clean?
- When the filter is clean the granular filter cleaner water will change color.
What is the active chemical in the filter cleaner?
- The active chemical is sodium bisulfate.
What type of filter can I use the Granular Filter Cleaner in?
- Any type, you can use the filter cleaner in a sand, D.E. or cartridge filter.