Drain Pool Plumbing of All Water
1. Fully open all pool system valves.
2. Temporarily drain the pool to a level below the lowest inlet fitting. This should allow water to drain from all lines.
3. To remove residual water, blow out the lines by attaching a blow-out plug to the water intake fitting and applying air pressure.
Drain Equipment Plumbing of All Water
4. Remove all drain plugs located on the hair and lint pot of the pump, filter tank, selector valve, heat exchanger, etc.
Be sure to remove both front and rear plugs from the heater header.
5. Coat drain plugs with waterproof grease.
6. Replace drain plugs after all water has drained from the system.
7. Remove, drain and store the skimmer, pump strainer basket and filter pressure gauge.
8. Plug the inlet and skimmer with winterizing plugs.
9. Return the pool to its recommended winter water level.
Add Antifreeze to the System
NOTE: NEVER ADD ANTIFREEZE TO THE CHLORINATOR
10. Add Swimming Pool Antifreeze to the pool's plumbing lines. A hand pump is recommended to pump antifreeze into the system.
11. Remove pressure relief valve or plug on the top side of front heater header. Add antifreeze. Replace Fitting.
12. Add a few inches of antifreeze directly to the skimmer.