DIATOMACEOUS EARTH ALTERNATIVE
- Aqua Perl is a direct diatomaceous earth replacement.
- Aqua Perl is safe for use in all DE filters.
- Improves filter function by pre-coating quickly and effectively.
- Aqua Perl is volcanic in origin, all-natural and 100% crystalline silica free.
- The lower density of Aqua Perl allows for uniform pre-coating and quick, thorough backwashing.
- Aqua Perl is easy to handle, improves filter efficiency and provides superior filtration.
- An NSF certified perlite filter media.
- Can be used to replace DE powder and cellulose in DE pool filters.
- This diatomaceous earth alternative is half the weight of DE powder.
- A 12 lb. bag of Aqua Perl is equivalent to a 25 lb. bag of diatomaceous earth.
- 1/2 lb. of Aqua Perl (1 scoop) = 1 lb. of D.E. (1 scoop).
- Available in several different quantities.
- Economically priced for excellent value!
Aqua Perl is a high-grade filter media for swimming pool filters. Aqua Perl is volcanic in origin and is completely silica free. As a diatomaceous earth alternative, Aqua Perl is safe for use in all diatomaceous earth filters and is an excellent alternative to diatomaceous earth or cellulose (paper pulp) filter media which can shorten filter cycles by attracting oil by-products.
Aqua Perl is a direct diatomaceous earth replacement and is used in the same manner as diatomaceous earth. However, Aqua Perl is easier to handle as it is half the weight of diatomaceous earth. Aqua Perl is an excellent diatomaceous earth alternative because it provides superior filtration as it has a lower density and a greater capacity for holding solids and oils.
- Aqua Pearl is a diatomaceous earth alternative.
- Volcanic in origin, Aqua Pearl is 100% crystalline silica free
- Won’t attract oil by-products, allowing longer filter cycles
- 12 lbs is equivalent to 25 lbs of D.E. (Example: 1/2 lb. of Aqua Pearl = 1 lb. of D.E.)
What is Aqua Perl Made out of?
Natural volcanic product 99% Silica Free. A paper pulp.
What are some main differences between this and D.E.?
Weighs less; filters better; easier to remove from filter grids; lengthens the time between backwashing and cleaning.
Is Aqua Perl a carcinogen?
No. Unlike D.E., Aqua Perl is not a carcinogen. It is an alternative to D.E. that some states require their residents to use.
How much Aqua Perl do I use?
Aqua Perl weighs half as much as D.E., but the consistency or volume of product is the same amount. 1/2 lb. of AquaPerl (1 scoop) = 1 lb. of D.E. (1 scoop). If you normally add 4 lbs of D.E., you will still use the same measuring cup or can and add the same amount of scoops of Aqua Perl to your D.E. filter.
Note: "Scoop" is defined as a standard 1-lb D.E. scoop. The
- Use the same amount of scoops of Aqua Perl as you would DE.
- Weighs less then DE, but still requires the same amount of scoops.
- Using a coffee can to add your Aqua Perl? By using a coffee can you can end up putting too much or too little Aqua Perl into your filter. The manufacturers give dosages in lbs. Not every coffee can has a 1 pound capacity. It is recommended to use a DE scoop, item #A6195, to get the correct amount of Aqua Perl into your filter.
- Make sure to introduce the Aqua Perl in through your skimmer.