What type of paint is this?
– Aqua Coat is a water-based coating.
Do I have to let the pool surface completely dry before I paint the pool?
– No, you can apply this paint to a damp surface.
How many coats do I need to apply to the pool?
– You will need a minimum of two coats on the initial application.
How much paint do I have to use?
– Each gallon will cover approx. 250-275 per square foot. See chart below.
How to Calculate the Square Footage of a Pool:
1. Identify the shape of the pool - SEE BELOW
2. Use the formula given to calculate the pool square footage.
3. Divide the pools square footage by the sq. ft. per gallon of the desired paint to determine how many gallons of paint are needed.
Pool Shape Formula Rectangular Length x Width x 1.5 = Total Square Feet Oval Length x Width x 1.65 = Total Square Feet Roman Length x Width x 1.55 = Total Square Feet Lazy L Length x Width x 1.65 = Total Square Feet Free Form Length x Width x 1.6 = Total Square Feet