Hayward Extended Cycle DE Pool Filters use the microscopic pores in diatomaceous earth to filter even the tiniest particles, even dust and pollen, from your pool water. They can be cleaned as easily as sand filters but offer the best filtration for clean, impurity free pool water.
Hayward DE pool filters, including the Hayward EC65 and Hayward EC75 have various benefits.
For written information, order our Information Packet located below.
||Effective Filtration Area
||Design Flow Rate*
||27 sq. ft.
||40 sq. ft.
||Extended-Cycle Diatomite, EC-65 or EC-75|
||Dacron Flex-Tubes (120)|
||30-68 GPM (EC-65); 35-80 GPM (EC-75)|
||21 W x 31 H in.(533 mm x 787 mm)
- Exclusive bump handle activates the mechanism causing the Flex-Tubes to instantly and uniformly clean themselves of dirt and filter powder
- Self-venting design automatically expels any air that may be present in the system
- Proven, patented Flex-Tube filter elements efficiently reuse the filter powder and dirt mixture forming a fresh filtering surface
- Combination pressure gauge and threaded inspection/service port is easy to read and remove when filter needs cleaning
- Heavy-duty filter tank injection-molded of high-strength Duralon™ for dependable, corrosion-free performance
- Integral check valve prevents system backflow whenever pump is off
Back To The Top
Frequently Asked Questions:
How much D.E. do you need?
- 6 pounds of D.E. initially for the EC-65, 7 pounds for the EC-75.
How much area will the EC-65 or EC-75 take up?
- Height = 31 in.
- Width = 21 in.
- Length = 18in.
What is the design flow rate?
- 67 gallons per minute for the EC-65
- 80 gallons per minute for the EC-75
What is the turnover (in gallons) rate?
- For the EC-65 - 8 hours = 25,920 gallons, 10 hours = 32,400 gallons
- For the EC-75 - 8 hours = 38,400 gallons, 10 hours = 48,000 gallons
Do I have to backwash this filter?
- No. Two or three times a month; just "Bump" to reduce pressure. Three to four times a season, drain, and recharge your EC-65 with fresh D.E. powder. It's that simple. And since the EC-65 cleans without backwashing, you'll save hundreds of gallons of treated pool water, and eliminate the problem of water waste disposal.
Back To The Top