The Polaris 165 pool cleaner was manufactured specifically for use in pools with vinyl or fiberglass surfaces. Because the Polaris 165 automatic pool cleaner for in-ground pools is connected to your pool's pump and filtration system, this cleaner installs in minutes so you can start cleaning your pool immediately. More importantly, using its patented jet sweep system the Polaris 165 pool cleaner cleans even the most difficult areas of your pool and even with pools that have uneven surfaces. Plus, the Polaris 165 automatic in-ground pool cleaner features its own filter bag so that you never have to worry about debris from your pool clogging your pump basket or filter.
The Polaris Vac-Sweep® 165 is designed for any vinyl or fiberglass in-ground pool, even those with an uneven bottom up to eight feet deep.
Installs in minutes - this pool vacuum connects to the return line. Operates with pumps and filtration systems normally found on in-ground pools. Vacuums the bottom and sweeps the sides in three hours or less.
Patented jet sweep assembly blows water against the pool wall to loosen debris in hard-to-reach places and then sweeps it into an easy-to-remove filter bag.
Powered by the pressure of clean water returning to your pool, leaving both the filter and skimmer free to eliminate contaminants.
Unique filter bag removes debris before it reaches your pump basket or filter, prolonging the life of your filtration system.
Back To The Top
Polaris does not clean the entire pool or runs slowly
1. Verify that the pressure relief valve is releasing water. If it is not, clean or backwash the pool filter.
2. Check the filter screen in the quick disconnect and clean if necessary.
3. Verify that the float hose is the proper length.
4. Remove the surface module top. With the Polaris operating, verify that the randomizer tube is moving back and forth. If it is not moving: Turn off pump, disconnect hoses, look into the mechanism and locate the filter connector inside the randomizer tube. If it is covered with debris or algae, remove the connector chamber, cylinder, and piston. Pull out the randomizer tube and clean the filter connector. If the connector is clean, replace the piston. If it is moving: Watch the randomizer ball in the mechanism. If it does not move within 2 minutes, replace the randomizer tube and piston.
5. Verify that the water pressure is between 5 and 10 psi.
Surface module dives under the water or leans to one side.
1. Straighten twisted hoses.
2. Lift surface module out of the water, empty it and then shake it. If water is still heard inside, remove the top, pull out the drain plug assembly and drain the module.
3. Adjust the pressure relief valve until the surface module levels off.
4. Verify that the water pressure is between 5 and 10 psi.
The float hose remains coiled.
1. See "Polaris does not clean entire pool."
2. Lay the float hose out straight in the sun to remove the coils.
Surface module moves too fast.
1. Adjust the pressure relief valve until the surface module slows down.
2. Remove one of the eyeball regulators and readjust the pressure relief valve if necessary.
3. Verify that the water pressure is between 5 and 10 psi.
Bag does not stay on the pool floor.
1. Verify that the bag has been installed correctly.
2. Check for air bubbles around the jet body assembly. This may indicate air in the plumbing lines.
3. See "Surface module moves too fast."
Back To The Top
Frequently Asked Questions:
Can the Polaris 165 clean dished out pools?
– Yes! The Polaris 165 is designed for any vinyl or fiberglass in-ground pool, even those with an uneven bottom up to eight feet deep.
How long will it take to clean my pool?
– Installs in minutes. Operates with pumps and filtration systems normally found on aboveground pools and vacuums the bottom and sweeps the sides in three hours or less.
I have an area of my pool that is hard for most cleaners to reach. Will the Polaris 165 work for me?
– Patented jet sweep assembly blows water against the pool wall to loosen debris in hard-to-reach places and then sweeps it into an easy-to-remove filter bag.
Does the Polaris 165 prolong the life of my filter system?
– The unique filter bag removes debris before it reaches your pump basket or filter, therefore it does prolong the life of the filter system.
Can I swim while the cleaner is working?
– NO! All swimmers need to be removed from the pool before starting the Polaris 165 and never handle the cleaner while it is working.
What kind of technical support does Polaris offer?
– For on-line support: www.polarispool.com or call 1-800-822-7933.
Back To The Top