View Larger Image
Replace your filter sand with new eco-friendly FilterGlass!
Made from recycled glass, FilterGlass is an eco-friendly replacement for silica sand and zeolite. Filter Glass removes contaminants as small as 2 microns and is compatible with all sanitizers and clarifiers. And because Filter Glass is lighter than silica sand, 20% less Filter Glass is required. FilterGlass is available in 50 lb. boxes.
- Crushed filtration glass media requires 20% less media than sand to fill your filter tank
- Glass filtration media cleans better resulting in less energy usage and reduced pump operating costs
- 75% saving on back-wash water versus sand and 50% versus zeolite
Safer to use
- Performs better than sand, studies show 2-5 micron versus sand at 50-100 micron
- Excellent for iron and manganese removal at high flow rates (90 GPM)
- Crushed glass is less likely to block or channel than silica sand
- Coagulants and metal removers are compatible with glass media
- Filters skin cells, blood cells, and 70% of all bacteria such as ecoli
- Recycled crushed glass filter media contains no crystalline silica providing better lung protection when changing media
- Crushed glass grains are smooth, amorphous particles with a higher attrition strength, and they do not permanently trap bacteria in cracks