When used with floaters, skimmers, and automatic feeders, chlorine sticks dissolve slowly and steadily release the perfect amount of pool chlorine into your swimming water. Pool chemicals are used to keep pool water safe and clean and swimming pool chlorine is especially useful for killing bacteria and preventing the growth of algae. Finding a quick solution for chlorinating your pool can make the work of pool maintenance much easier. Pool chlorine sticks are an excellent product because as a pool owner they give you piece of mind knowing that your pool is always chlorinated. Never be faced with slimy, green, and cloudy water because of an algae breakout and never worry about bacterial contamination again by using chlorine sticks.
In The Swim chlorine sticks compare to Bio-guard, Sun, Guardex and Pace.
Powerful 90% available stabilized chlorine.
Tabs are individually wrapped.
Approximately 100 sticks per 50 Lb bucket.
Beveled Sticks are 4-1/4” in length by 1-1/2” in width.
Sticks weigh 8oz.
Back To The Top
– If chlorine seems ineffective make sure the dispensing source of the chlorine is getting proper water flow to dissolve the chlorine. For example making sure water level is correct in the pool, making sure the floater has proper ventilation, and that the automatic feeders dial is set correctly. If chlorine still seems to be ineffective check the stabilizer also known as cyanuric acid. The correct level for stabilizer is 30-60 ppm. If the stabilizer is too low the chlorine will be used up faster making it appear that the chlorine is not effective. If the stabilizer level is too high it will slow down the oxidizing process and render the chlorine less effective. This must be compensated for by using a higher concentration of chlorine in the pool water.
– If you believe the chlorine is defective/ineffective, you can test by scraping a small amount of tablet into a glass of tap water. (Do not use pool water.) Dissolve and test as usual.
Back To The Top
Frequently Asked Questions:
What are the In The Swim chlorine sticks comparable to?
– In The Swim chlorine sticks are comparable to the following companies:
– Pool Gear- Suncoast sticks
– SPP- Blue Wave chlorine sticks
– Leslie’s- Leslie’s chlor sticks
– Doheny’s Water Warehouse- Water Warehouse skimmer sticks
– Or any other chlorine sticks by Bio-Guard, Sun, Guardex or Pace.
What is the chemical make up of the chlorine sticks tabs?
– 90% available stabilized chlorine, slowest dissolving and longest lasting you can buy 98.6% Trichlor-S-Triazinetrine, and each stick weighs 8oz.
How many sticks are in a 50 Lb bucket?
– In a 50 Lb bucket there are approximately 100 sticks.
How many sticks do I use a week?
– You use approximately 1-2 sticks per 10,000 gallons of water.
What can I dispense my chlorine sticks in?
– In The Swim recommends using an automatic chlorine feeder, although you can also use a floater or by placing in a skimmer.
Are these tabs wrapped individually?
– Yes, these sticks are individually wrapped.
Back To The Top
Guardex®, Bioguard®, Aquabrome®, Polysheen®, BurnOut®, Burnout 35®, Softswim®, Pool Magnet®, Chlorite®, Algae All 60 and MSA Algaecide are registered trademarks of BioLab, Inc. Pace® is a registered trademark of Arch Chemicals. In The Swim® is not affiliated with them and does not carry their products. The use of Sun®, Guardex®, Bioguard®, Pace®, and Leslies® and their logos is for comparison purposes only.